Job by World Vision Ethiopia
To manage WV Ethiopia’s STH/SCH Transmission Break Project finance team, Finance Manager will contribute to the acquisition and management of World Vision Ethiopia’s annual revenue goal, lead field level financial management, technical support to support service activities and other financial related activities, compliance and accountability issues. S/he will oversee overall financial transactions, and ensure standards, procedures and policies well implemented in all financial transactions. S/he will in collaboration with WASH Manager lead financial report preparation and submissions for different target groups in a timely manner.
Grants Financial Management
· Engage in Grants project budget preparation and ensure accurate reflection of budget for actual cost
· Ensure all grant project cash flows are reviewed and posted on sun system on real time bases
· Timely review of grants financial reports and submission to Program team, donors.
· Closely monitor grant budgets and pipeline expenditure of the grants and advising the management accordingly and keeping the management up to date on grants finance related issues
· Maintaining continuous and effective communication with other project departments on financial related issues
· Ensure proper implementation of the WORKDAY and costs allocated to grant projects based on grant terms and conditions and WV standard policies
· Review and approve adjusting and correcting journal for grant projects and ensure adequate supporting document are attached to each journals
· Participate in Grants planning, budgeting, forecasting and WV Ethiopia year end closing process.
· Provide expert consultation regarding the implementation of Cost Allocation Policy (CAL) at project/grant level and support on CAL reallocation process
Supporting Grants Acquisition, Networking and Coordination
· Support WV Ethiopia in developing grant financial management strategies, priorities and plans in alignment with PCO, HO strategies and priorities as well as emerging trends.
· Develop and maintain good professional networks with the Grant Finance Manager and respective Grant team.
· Prepare and/or review proposal budget amendments, extensions of the life of an award, and any other award budget modification
Grants Regulatory Compliance and Grant Financial risk management
· Ensure timely resolution of audit findings and implementation of recommendations as per the organization Policy
· Coordinate grants audit preparation in liaison with respective Program Team, Accounts team Reporting team and assigned Finance focal Person.
· Ensure timely financial monitoring activities at PCO level and each project departments and reported accordingly
· Provide required grants financial information to all stakeholders’ and address any disallowed costs under his / her Portfolio.
· Ensure compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IPSAS, WVI finance policies, local Government and donor regulations are adhered.
· Ensure proper implementation of the LDR Database system and Costs Allocation Policy in collaboration with HO finance team
· Assist respective Program teams in developing and implementing grants closeout plan
Grants Capacity Building and Staff management
· Support Grants Finance capacity building initiatives in WV Ethiopia in collaboration with WASH Manager and HO – WASH Grant Finance Manager.
· Properly induct newly recruited Finance Officers, provide on job training and facilitate training for direct report staff
· Plan and Review staff performance as per the organization Policy
· Promote best Grants Finance Management practices within WV Ethiopia
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· Minimum of BA Degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration or related field.
Required Professional Experience:
· Minimum of seven years of experience in INGOs on grant project financial management and related.
· Excellent working knowledge of IPSAS. GAAP and government/donor regulations and requirements.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Office-based with frequent travel to the implementation districts
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references following the link https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Grant-Finance-Manager_R3737
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!