External Relations Officer job at WHO
Salary : USD 77,326 Annual
Location Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Job Type : Full Time
Hiring organization: World Health Organization
Job title: External Relations Officer
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): One (1) year (with possibility of extension)
Primary Location : Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
Organization: AF/ORD Office of the Regional Director
Position Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 77,326 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3357 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Objective of the programme:
The mandate of the WHO Liaison Office to the AU and ECA is to build constructive partnerships with the AU organs and the UNECA to advance the continental public health agenda. This includes influencing the AU and ECA debates and actions on health, technical collaboration across health and health-related issues and monitoring developments at the continental level relevant to WHO.
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the WHO AFRO Directors for EPR, UHC and ARD clusters, and the direct supervision of the Head of the WHO Liaison Office to the AU and ECA, the incumbent will perform the following functions: Researches the interests and application requirements of the main donors and other sources of funding to WLO and the region, in collaboration with AFRO counterparts Draft proposals, donor briefings, reports and updates to ensure accurate and timely reporting, in collaboration with relevant AFRO counterparts Maintain external relations through innovative approaches (e.g, quarterly partner briefings on WHO’s work with the AU and ECA); while concisely, clearly, and convincingly communicating WHO’s work with the AU and ECA Work with Africa CDC and AUC communications counterparts to prepare joint communication and joint actions Develop regular internal and external communication products in liaison with AFRO Communication teams including using social media.
- Education: Essential: Master university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Management or Economics from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Desirable: Specific studies on resource mobilization and communicating about partnerships. Training in public health, donor intelligence, proposal writing, and general project management.
- Experience: Essential: At least seven years’ related experience, at the national and international level, in external relations and communications. Documented achievements in resource mobilization activities
- Desirable: Experience in WHO, other UN agencies or in similar field. Experience working in emergency context.
- Skills: Strong interpersonal and organizational skills Excellent analytical and writing skills. Integrity, tact and discretion. Ability to work and achieve goals under pressure.
- WHO Competencies:
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Expert knowledge of English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
The above language requirements are interchangeable.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role then you’re invited to apply through the below link:
NB: We encourage you to read the job description carefully before you start the application process. Highlight your skills, motivation and experience and tailor your letter of interest accordingly.
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!