Job Title: Administrative Assistant, G6 (Temporary)
Organization: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Contract
The Administrative Assistant will work within the Finance and Budget Section of the Division of Administration at UNECA. This position reports directly to the Chief of Finance and Budget Section.
Human Resources Management:
- Manage human resource activities such as recruitment, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, and training.
- Ensure consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Respond to staff enquiries and provide information and advice about their entitlements, administrative procedures, processes, and practices.
Budget and Finance:
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial and human resource proposals/requirements.
- Monitor expenditures and prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Assist managers with the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Prepare financial reports from Umoja system generated reports.
- Co-ordinate with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Draft routine correspondence to respond to enquiries.
- Coordinate with service units and liaise with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
- Perform other related administrative duties (e.g. operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning, identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, organizing and coordinating seminars, conferences, and translations).
- Guide, train, and supervise more junior General Service staff.
- Monitor the work of junior staff.
- Assist with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
- Audit contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
- Process payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
- Prepare and process all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff.
- Collect and analyze data as well as prepare data presentations and reports for information sharing.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional education in business administration, management, public administration or related field is desirable.
- Five years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree, or seven years of relevant experience without a degree.
- Experience managing correspondences including drafting memos, letters, and other forms of communication both internal and external is desirable.
- Experience organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences and events is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply:
Visit careers.un.org for information on how to apply.
The job opening will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
Deadline: June 22, 2023
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!