UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
National Supply Chain Warehousing and Distribution Consultant
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
The Supply Chain -technical consultant will engage in all the high-level system strengthening aspects of National Supply Chain managed by EPSS Agency. In the areas of warehousing and distribution, for improved efficiency and support for integration of UNICEF MCH supplies in EPSS supply chain system through sister project funded by BMGF.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision the DDG for outbound logistics, senior health supply chain specialist will serve as coordinator for the performances of the technical advisors at the four cluster hubs namely Bahir dar, Awassa, Jimma and Dire dawa. Furthermore, he will also manage the warehouse and distribution operation capacity building of central cluster hubs(AA1, AA2, Adama) and head office.
The consultant is expected, but is not limited to, of the following:
- Lead the development and/ implementation of of the EPSS warehousing and distribution optimization plan that is part of the strategic plan/PSTP-II/
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of the technical advisors at the cluster hubs
- Support EPSA’s human resource capacity for child health and nutrition commodity integration and emergency logistics management response
- Lead and coordinates the development of emergency supply chain management SOPs, capacity building trainings on emergency preparedness and response/Develop risk management/backup strategy to ensure emergency supply chain management
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the EPSS team, UNICEF country office team and other stakeholders critical to the successful roll-out of the child health commodities integration
- Provide capacity building support through coaching, on-the-job mentoring, identifying specific skills gaps and helping EPSS to fill them
- Support installation and roll-out of new digital supply chain management systems, adapted to country-contexts, to ensure that the child health commodities are distributed rapidly, efficiently, equitably, and safely to the end user.
- Oversees the good working relationship with EPSS hubs laying the ground for the upcoming child health commodities into EPSS’s supply chain.
- Applies sound supply chain and project management knowledge to contribute to the standardization of the outbound operation at EPSS in general
- Provide technical support in to the EPSS supply chain management activities, including planning, defining indicators, and setting attainable targets; logistics system design, and logistics management information systems (LMIS)
- Ensure the adequate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of project activities by developing appropriate targets and indicators for the activities, structuring an M&E plan in line with the program’s targets, and undertaking M&E activities in close coordination with EPSS
- Work closely with EPSS staff not only in warehousing and distribution but also other areas including supply and demand management, importation, data systems, and fund management.
- Provide technical support for EPSS`s mega warehouse design assessment work
- Work closely with UNICEF team to support EPSS`s warehouse Infrastructure improvement
- Work closely with warehousing and Inventory management Directorate and Distribution and Fleet Management Directorate to optimize EPSS`s warehousing and distribution operations.
|Work Assignment Overview
|Lead the development and/ implementation of the EPSS warehousing and distribution optimization plan that is part of the strategic plan/PSTP-II/
|Warehouse optimization plan developed and implemented
|Sep 01-30, 2022(15%)
|Support EPSA’s human resource capacity for child health and nutrition commodity integration and emergency logistics management response
|EPSS workforce on warehouse and distribution able to manage the child health and nutrition commodities as part of the regular supply chain
|Oct 1, 2022- Aug 15, 2023(30%)
|Lead and coordinates the development of emergency supply chain management SOPs, capacity building trainings on emergency preparedness and response
|Emergency supply chain management SOPs developed, and trainings provided
|Dec 1, 2022- Jan 15, 2023(15%)
|Provide capacity building support through coaching, on-the-job mentoring, identifying specific skills gaps and helping EPSS to fill them
|EPSS workforce on warehouse and distribution capacitated in all aspects including emergency SCM
|Oct 1, 2022- Aug 15, 2023(15%)
|Provide technical support in to the EPSS supply chain management activities, including planning, defining indicators, and setting attainable targets
|Clear implementation plan with KPIs, baselines and targets developed, and performance monitored
|Oct 1, 2022- Aug 15, 2023(10%)
|Monitors and evaluates the performance of the technical advisors at the cluster hubs
|Comprehensive support plan, along with KPIs, developed and performance monitored individually as well as collectively
|Every quarter (5%)
|Provide technical support for EPSS`s Mega warehouse design work
|Routine support provided to the firm working on the design
|Sept 01- Oct 30, 2022(3%)
|Work closely with UNICEF team to support EPSS`s warehouse Infrastructure improvement
|The WH MHEs procurement and proper distribution and commissioning monitored, coordination meeting with EPSS/UNICEF and other players.
|Oct 1, 2022- Aug 15, 2023(7%)
Payment Terms and Conditions: –
The consultant will be paid every month upon submission of monthly report and completion of deliverables.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health or Logistics and Supply Chain management or a related field is required. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy background are preferred, and certification in project management has added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 [Five] years of relevant professional experience in managing and implementing public health supply chain management initiatives to improve supply chain operations; prior experience with donor procured product integration into government systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated relevant working experience in managing product integration (supply chain integration like malaria, vaccine, emergency and non-emergency commodities … etc.), data analysis and other health systems strengthening skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with senior-level officials, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government offices.
- Skilled in actively working in high-performing teams and independently deliver expected result
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic
- Ability to manage teams, projects, consultants, and plan for the successful and timely implementation of programs.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, Click here to Apply!
Child Protection Specialist (Gender-Based Violence in Emergencies)
For every child, an advocate
The Tigray region of Ethiopia has been affected by armed conflict since late 2020 and the ongoing conflict has had grave consequences for civilians. The deteriorating situation, including limited humanitarian access and the breakdown of pre-existing protection systems, both formal and informal, has had devastating impacts on the protection of children. Gender-based violence, particularly sexual violence used by perpetrators of the conflict, has been a devastating feature of the conflict, as documented by multiple sources.
UNICEF has been present in Tigray throughout the conflict and is committed to improving the prevention and response to all forms of violence, particularly of violence against children and gendered violence.
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Chief of Field Office the for Tigray (matrix reporting line to Chief Child Protection in Addis Ababa) the Child Protection Specialist(GBViE), in close collaboration and communication with Child Protection Specialists and Programme Officers at regional level, the Programme Coordinator and other sectors’ coordinators, will be responsible for the following key functions, accountabilities and related duties and tasks:
- Technical support on delivery of child protection and GBV in emergencies programming
- Provide UNICEF and partner staff with high quality advice and guidance on the delivery of child protection and GBV programming in Tigray.
- Provide support to UNICEF field office staff in the monitoring and oversight of child protection and GBV humanitarian programming in Tigray, including monitoring of partnerships, partnerships, supplies and cash.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of programme results, challenges, and gaps in service provision to relevant stakeholders, including UNICEF colleagues, to improve the protection of children in Tigray.
- Assess availability and coverage, accessibility, and quality of UNICEF partner interventions on child protection and GBV interventions and provide guidance on continuous improvements and adaptations to improve response, as required.
- Work closely with Child Protection and GBViE staff in Tigray sub offices to align messaging and streamline communication and coordination.
- Programme support and management
- Management of staff under supervision including NOC CP, NOC GBV and NOA CP, ensuring coordination with CP and GBV staff of sub-office and working closely with the CP AoR coordinator.
- Support UNICEF Country Office on planning, coordination, and fundraising by providing up-to-date and accurate information and analysis on the situation of child protection and GBV in Tigray.
- Lead on protection mainstreaming efforts within UNICEF humanitarian programming, including embedding GBV and SEA risk mitigation into all sectors.
- Lead on the collection of relevant data to support monitoring on child protection and GBV within Tigray and in support of Country Office processes, including Humanitarian Action for Children, and requirements from donors.
- Participate in planning exercises, including contingency planning, scaling up, and access mapping.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Participate and represent UNICEF in interagency coordination mechanisms, including the Child Protection Area of Responsibility and the GBV Area of Responsibility, and support interagency assessments, mapping exercises, gap identification, and collective advocacy on child protection and GBV in Tigray.
- Liaise with humanitarian actors in Tigray to gather information relevant to child protection and GBV, including on the accessibility and availability of child protection and GBV services as well as opportunities to enhance prevention of violence interventions.
- Coordinate with UNICEF Country Office colleagues in Child Protection on strategy development, programme design, partner selection, and monitoring of interventions.
- Contribute to UNICEF communications efforts, both internal and external, on child protection and GBV in Tigray, ensuring safe and ethical use of information and data.
- Leadership and capacity building
- Design and deliver capacity building, including but not limited to training, on child protection and GBV in emergencies for humanitarian actors, UNICEF staff and partners, Government officials, and other stakeholders.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practice on child protection and GBV in emergencies, exploring innovative solutions to challenges faced in armed conflict.
- Contribute to organizational learning and development on delivering child protection and GFBV programming in conflict-affected crises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in social sciences, international development and international relations, humanitarian affairs or another directly related subjects. *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible and relevant experience at international levels in child protection and/or GBV in emergencies, with a preference for a combination of both technical areas.
- Experience implementing evidence-based child protection and specifically GBV interventions in fragile or conflict-affected contexts.
- Knowledge of global trends in child protection and GBV in emergencies, including children affected by armed conflict and conflict related sexual violence and the use of evidence to improve programming
- Familiarity with child protection and GBV in emergencies tools, including Minimum Standards on Child Protection in Emergencies, Minimum Standards on GBV in Emergencies, IASC GBV Guidelines, and the GBV Pocket guide.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to make decisions in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Experience designing and delivering capacity building and ability to mentor others through effective leadership.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and collaborate in an interagency humanitarian response, including liaising with UN agencies, NGOs, government officials, key stakeholders, including affected communities.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, Click here to Apply!
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!