Job Title: CPiE Coordinator
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advocates for children’s rights and equality for girls. They believe in the potential of every child but recognize that poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination hinder their growth. Plan International works together with children, young people, supporters, and partners to create a just world by addressing the root causes of the challenges faced by girls and vulnerable children. They support children from birth to adulthood, helping them prepare for and respond to crises. They also drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels.
The Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE) Coordinator is responsible for leading and coordinating the implementation of child protection activities and services for emergency-affected children in humanitarian crises. The coordinator will oversee the program at the zonal, woreda, or IDP site level, ensuring that projects are implemented as per government agreements. They will provide guidance, support, mentoring, and coaching to Child Protection in Emergency Officers, CPIMS Officers, and Social Workers. Additionally, they will ensure the delivery of high-quality programs and timely reporting on response and child protection situations.
Accountabilities and Main Work Activities
- Project management, implementation, and reporting:
- Oversee the implementation of child protection in emergency project activities, ensuring compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure frontline staff and child protection partners understand implementation requirements and quality standards.
- Develop detailed implementation plans, including procurement and distribution schedules.
- Supervise and provide technical support to CPiE Officers.
- Monitor project progress and prepare timely and high-quality reports.
- Partnership development and strengthening:
- Collect information about other organizations working in the region to prevent duplication and streamline CPiE response activities.
- Seek opportunities for partnerships to enhance program implementation.
- Provide technical support and coaching to local government stakeholders.
- Coordination and advocacy:
- Represent Plan International at cluster/coordination/working group meetings.
- Ensure project interventions are integrated with other sectors.
- Identify and document child protection issues, informing relevant stakeholders and duty bearers.
- Develop case studies for reporting, advocacy, and influencing efforts.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Community Development, Law, Political Science, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including 3 years with NGOs.
- Knowledge of the child protection in emergencies sector, including risks and response interventions.
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child-centered community development programming.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian issues, trends, challenges, and opportunities related to child protection.
- Familiarity with child protection in emergencies standards, principles, and procedures.
- Proficiency in participatory monitoring and evaluation systems and processes.
Skills Specific to the Post
- Training experience and curriculum development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate options.
- Proficiency in computer skills and relevant software.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is July 18, 2023. Ethiopian Nationals who are eligible to live and work in Ethiopia can apply through the provided links:
- For internal applicants: Internal Application Link
- For external applicants: External Application Link
Please note that:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CVs submitted outside the provided links will not be accepted.
- Early application is encouraged as the advert may close early.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Plan International, visit their website: http://plan-international.org
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!