Education in Emergency Officer
Plan International Ethiopia
Plan International Ethiopia is looking for an Education in Emergency Officer to work in Dabat, Amhara. The position holder will be responsible for ensuring that the activities are implemented as planned, compiling detail performance reports and best practices regularly, and put in place strategies for effective and smooth operation of the project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Review, assess, and update the child learning situations in IDP sites and host communities of intervention areas.
- Assess education issues requiring responses and recommend for specific actions taking children into consideration.
- Assess in-country resources with relevant staff and agencies that assist in capacity building programs of project staff and stakeholders.
- Identify potential partnerships to implement recommendations and assess potential partners.
- Collaboratively work with project and country office staff in redesigning programs/plan as required.
- Map current institutional response capacities – including conducting an education-specific 5Ws.
- Develop a realistic evidence‐based, education program plan, including both programmatic and advocacy activities.
- Design most appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context.
- Ensure that issues of gender, protection, DRR, and conflict sensitivity are factored into the program design.
- Work in close collaboration with other program specialists to ensure that emergency interventions build upon each other and link in to longer term programming.
Monitoring and Evaluation(20%)
- Work closely with project coordinator, other officers (WASH, Child Protection Health, and Nutrition) at Woreda and school level.
- Develop required tools for monitoring effective implementation of project activities.
- Organize platforms for joint monitoring and evaluation of project implementation with other stakeholders.
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of quality and accountability mechanisms.
- Draft education intervention reports to serve as standalone deliverables or to be included in larger emergency response reports for both donor and internal purposes.
- Provide regular updates to the project manager and emergency team on progress, priorities, and constraints.
Reporting and Documentation(20%)
- Ensure high-quality reports are submitted in a timely manner according to the donor and PIE requirements.
- Ensure development of weekly project progress reports that should be submitted to the Emergency Response and Recovery sector.
- Monitor the impact of the EiE project and ensure proper documentation of best practices for future emergency work.
Coordination, partnership and networking(15%)
- Ensure regular participation in Education, NFI, Shelter, and other related clusters, task force meetings, networks, and other platforms at zonal and woreda levels.
- Foster mechanisms for close collaboration and partnership with other stakeholders working in education and child protection.
- Provide other related supports as required.
Capacity building support(15%)
- Organize and facilitate training for teachers, assistants, PTSAs, woreda, and zonal experts.
- Participate in EiE-related TOT training and workshops.
- Document training outcomes- assess and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, and organize the best experience sharing with relevant actors.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)(5%)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
- We are open and accountable
- We strive for lasting impact
- We work well together
- We are inclusive and empowering
- B.E./BA degree in Education, Community Development, Psychology, Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience implementing Education in Emergency (EiE) projects
- Minimum of two successful assignments in a complex IDP emergency situation
- Experience with Mobilizing as well as facilitating training to teachers.
- Knowledge and practical experience in EiE as per the INEE Minimum Standards
- Participation and/or coordination with the Education Cluster
- Knowledge and experience in formal and non-formal education
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their application through the following links:
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
The closing date for the application is June 9, 2023. This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are not accepting
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!