Category: Development and Project Management
Location: Dolo Ado, Somali
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: USD 1,445.00 – 1,757.00 per month which specific amount will be determined up on candidates experience and educational relevancy
Title: GBV Manager
Location: Dolo Ado, Ethiopia
Employment Category: F2
Salary Range: USD 1,445.00 – 1,757.00 per month which specific amount will be determined up on candidates experience and educational relevancy
Reporting To: Base or Area Manager
Start of Contract & Duration: December 31, 2023
Posting date: February 15, 2023
Closing date: March 2, 2023
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
Overall purpose of the role:
As DRC expands it protection programming in Dolo Ado, a qualified national manager will oversee the start-up and implementation of GBV prevention and response services. The postholder will ensure a strong understanding of the GBV context, support the development of relevant programming and materials, as well as manage the day-to-day implementation of a range of protection activities, including GBV case management, awareness-raising, and psychosocial support. The GBV manager will develop and maintain key project management tools, such as work, spending, and procurement plans. S/he also will build GBV staff capacity and regularly monitor implementation to ensure adherence to international standards and best practices. S/he also will guarantee strong collaboration and coordination within DRC and among other humanitarian partners. S/he will supervise directly at least two officers.
- Oversee the implementation of all GBV activities per project(s) documents/donor agreements and ensure adherence to contractual commitments in line wit Humanitarian, Protection, and GBV Guiding Principles and other international standards and best practices
- Develop and regularly project management tools, particularly work, spending, procurement, and monitoring and evaluation plans, for GBV programming
- Lead on procurement and budget monitoring for GBV activities
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly project management updates, as requested
- Liaise regularly with Monitoring & Evaluation, Supply Chain, Finance, and other relevant colleagues to ensure the timely implementation of projection activities
- Provide technical oversight of all GBV activities, including assessments, awareness raising and other prevention activities, individual protection assistance, case management, service mappings and referral pathways in compliance with Humanitarian, Protection, and GBV Guiding Principles, other international standards and best practices, and the DRC Code of Conduct
- Ensure the contextualization and appropriate use of standard operating procedures and tools
- Develop and lead the roll-out of new activities, assessments, and tools
- Identify individual and team-level capacity-strengthening needs and develop plans to strengthen capacity
- Develop and facilitate trainings, workshops, and refresher sessions on key topics for DRC and other humanitarian staff, local authorities and/community leaders, and other stakeholders, as appropriate and needed
- Promote improved understanding of core GBV concepts and GBV mainstreaming among relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with DRC’s Protection Manager, Ethiopia to ensure consistent application of DRC Ethiopia’s protection approaches, methods, and tools
- Contribute to the strategic direction of GBV programming through participation in strategic planning and the development of strategic documents.
- Lead on the management of direct reports, at least two employees, including objective setting, probation, performance management and appraisal, professional skill development, accountability, and support
- Support the recruitment process for GBV staff, liaising with DRC’s Protection Manager, Ethiopia to ensure adequate support through the staffing structure and sufficient gender balance
- Promote continual professional development through the identification of training and capacity-building opportunities, as well as on-the-job coaching and mentoring
Reporting and Accountability
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, as well as DRC policies and procedures
- Engage in regular quality control and site monitoring visits, as well as review of feedback mechanisms, to guarantee that services meet DRC standards and beneficiary needs
- Provide timely qualitative and quantitative inputs for internal updates, as well as contractual and ad hoc donor requests
- Participate in internal and external coordination meetings, especially Sub-National Protection Cluster and Sub-National GBV/CP Working Group meetings
- Contribute regularly to service mappings and other coordination documents (e.g., 5Ws)
- Other duties relevant to the position as assigned by the direct supervisor or Protection Manager, Ethiopia
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. psychology, social work, social or gender studies)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in GBV prevention and/or response services
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English
- Experience with emergency response, displacement, and conflict and/or drought-affected populations
- Strong knowledge of humanitarian, protection, and GBV principles and standards, as well as organizational policies
- Excellent protection analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills for external audiences
- Experience with people management and creation of a collaborative working environment
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Commitment to accountability and quality programming
- Ability to work well under pressure in adverse, insecure and/or remote conditions with diverse multi-sector staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- University degree in gender studies, social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant field from a recognized institution
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and Somlia
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online application form on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19012&ProjectId=167234 under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than March 2, 2023.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
- Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
- Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
Mar 2, 2023
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!