ACCOUNTS PAYABLE LEAD ( Re-advertised)
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for management of the Procure to Pay process that addresses all aspects from initiation of purchase orders to the ultimate payment of vendors, including maintaining sound working relationship with all stakeholders and vendors, in conjunction with the Procurement Manager
Management of the Accounts Payable (AP) Ledger
- · Manage Accounts Payable staff
- Ensure all Controls around payments are designed to prevent and detect risks and that controls are operating effectively
- · Review and approve all payments and ensure they are compliant with company policies and are valid company transactions.
- · Coordinate approvals of all vendor master data changes and monthly reviews of audit trails for the master data to identify any anomalies or control gaps, and ensure they are fixed in a timely manner.
- · Check and ensure accurate posting of transactions into the company’s Accounting systems as per Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) and the company’s accounting policies and manuals.
- · Ensure Vendor reconciliations are done per the company’s accounting policies.
- · Conduct continuous reviews of the payable processes to drive process improvement stronger controls, implement best practice and finding more efficient ways of working.
- · Ensure in conjunction with the Procurement Manager, that the company’s procurement policy is adhered to.
- · Review the Aged Purchase Order (PO) report regularly and ensure timely clearance of aged items per the company’s accounting policy in order to mitigate any risks in this regard
- · Advise the financial accountant on accruals and provisions required on a monthly basis, based on the company’s accounting policy and requirements.
- · Management and Reconciliation of pre-payments accounts on a monthly basis.
- · Provide Cash flow forecasts relating to Creditors.
- · Any other tasks as maybe required from time to time.
- · Manage outsource provided in relation to day to day activities
- · Communicate with vendors regarding invoices and payment due/received, resolve any invoice discrepancies
- Communicate with internal employees to secure appropriate information and approval for payment
Compliance and Regulatory
Ensure compliance to regulatory bodies in accordance with the client needs and the organizations business plans and to be present and part of the development process when quality assurance sessions are held
- · Manage team members to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- · Team Development – Coach, Train and Develop the Accounts Payable (AP) team using the Multichoice performance development tools to build a high-performance culture.
- · Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- · Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- · Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from HR
- · Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- · Review and update the department’s organization structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- · Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- · When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from HR when required.
- · Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- · Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
§ Relevant Degree in Finance
§ Min 4+ years in relevant experience
The incumbent is required to have the following technical competencies: ·
Manage external reporting and audit
· Tax Legislation and Accounting Treatments
· Determine and apply correct accounting treatment to transactions
· Stakeholder Relationship Management
· Accounts Payable
· Governance and Legislation
· ReportingKnowledge of Excel
· Detail orientation
· Interpersonal Support
· PrioritisationAnalytical Thinking
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV through Ethiojobs website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply Now Deadline Feb 28, 2023
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!