Job by NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Category: Development and Project Management
Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Employment Type: Contract
Are you passionate about people displaced by war and conflict? Are you up for a unique opportunity with a leading organisation?
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is one of the leading humanitarian organisations in the world, with 16 000 aid workers in 41 countries. We are now seeking candidates for Information Counselling & Legal Assistance (ICLA) to support Ethiopia Country office management and the organisation in improving to oversee the technical development of the ICLA strategic direction and quality assurance.
The purpose of the Core Competence Specialist position is to oversee the technical development of the specific Core Competency (ICLA), strategic direction and quality assurance, the CC strategy and quality control. The ICLA Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training and capacity build staff on ICLA technical capacity.
The Specialist will lead the Housing Land and Property working group in Addis Ababa with other actors in the humanitarian field and a background in this together with protection mainstreaming and a robust understanding of the legal modalities of Ethiopia are a great asset.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
What you will do:
Strategic leader for ensuring the organisation can make data driven decisions on HLP and other ICLA related discipline;
- Develop CC strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Lead the Housing, Land & Property (HLP) Working Group in Addis Ababa
- Study ICLA-specific contextual aspects and issues in Ethiopia and produce strategic and programing analysis to initiate ICLA programme for NRC Ethiopia.
- In support of the regional ICLA Adviser and the HoP, ensure that the necessary funds and resources are mobilized for growing ICLA needs
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC policies within the ICLA CC (re the CC that will be initiated)
- Ensure that the ICLA strategy and projects to be initiated will promote and protect the rights of refugees, IDPs, host community and returnees and will contribute to the NRC Ethiopia advocacy strategy.
- Assess ICLA -specific contextual analysis as well as potential programming aspects throughout the country.
- Develop high level quality ICLA project proposals and reports for potential programming in those areas.
- In support of the HoP, CD and the regional/Global ICLA advisers ensure that relevant donors are targeted for fund raising.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- MA/BA in related field
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- ICLA core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Background in law is desirable specifically working with Housing Land & Property rights
- Experience with project development, especially from an emergency and post-emergency phases
- Experience in working with ECHO, NMFA, SIDA and UN agencies UNHCR, UNICEF, OCHA donors etc;
- Experience in capacity building and community mobilization as you will work with different area offices
- Experience in advocacy work
- Experience with coordination mechanisms (cluster and sectorial)
We know you are curious and would like to find out more about this role, here is the detailed Job Description
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee;
- A chance to provide operational management and development of the ICLA core competency in Ethiopia in the wake of many challenges currently facing the country
- A commensurate salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
The successful candidate is a confident and strong communicator, with a natural ability to collaborate across multiple levels in and outside the organisation. He/she has the ability to work systematically, independently and hold high ethical standards.
This role is open to candidates of Ethiopian Nationality Only.
How to ApplyPlease Click Here to Apply!
Mar 7, 2023
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!