GIZ Ethiopia Jobs Notification 2022/ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH GIZ in Ethiopia invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. GIZ Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment. It’s a great opportunity to work under them.
GIZ As a service provider for international cooperation for sustainable development and international educational work, GIZ is committed to a future worth living around the world. Together with its clients and partners, GIZ develops and plans ideas for political, social and economic changes and implements them with them. GIZ is working on effective and efficient solutions that offer people perspectives and improve their living conditions over the long term.
The Communications and Administrative Support Intern will assist the Advisor in Communications and M&E Reporting and the Programme Assistant in the implementation of activities of the Programmer “Supporting the Pan African University (PAU) and establishing the Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – including Climate Change (PAUWES)”. Specific responsibilities and duties will include
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Ethiopia on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) since 1964.
Job Description :
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#150/2022’
Improvement of the Prevention of Female Genital Mutilation in Eastern Africa (FGM-Prev)
The GIZ Regional Programme “Improvement of the Prevention of Female Genital Mutilation in Eastern Africa” (FGM-Prev) is being implemented in three countries: Ethiopia, Somalia, incl. Somaliland, and Sudan focusing on capacity building of relevant state and non-state stakeholders, improvement of cross-border exchange and support information and awareness-raising measures run by state and non-state stakeholders at the local, national and multinational level. The Community Initiative Fund will provide funds to community groups and organizations in the regions selected for implementation. The purpose of the COIN-Fund is to provide support to community groups and organizations within the project regions in activities related to the prevention of Female Genital Mutilation. These awareness-raising and information dissemination initiatives to end FGM will be implemented by Community-based organizations.
Duration of contract: 30.04.2023
Required Candidates: One
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implementing and monitoring of COIN-Fund activities, compile and analyse reports from CBOs;
- Effective coordination with the colleagues of FGM-Prev programme;
- Support and work closely with the M&E Specialist.
- Support the M&E Specialist in the programme M&E plans preparations
- Support the FGM-Prev team in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning activities especially where there are high demands during times of Distributions and Surveys.
- Conduct regular data quality reviews
- Set up feedback mechanisms to collect and respond to client feedback, close contact with CBOs and giving feedbacks regularly
- Provide support on data collection, quality assurance, management, and storage
- Support in developing the survey tools, digital data applications, data analysis, and report writing.
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, evaluation and other learning activities.
- Track and ensure organized, comprehensive electronic filing of lessons and validated findings/analyses from baseline and evaluations.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Social science, Gender or related field is required
- Experience on qualitative research is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of monitoring, evaluation and assessment tools to promote evidence-based learning
- Good command of statistical assessment tools
- Minimum of 1-year work experience in a similar environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good command of English and Amharic, Somali and/or Afar will be preferable
- Knowledge of GIZ instruments and procedures.
How to Apply?
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Intern #150/2022’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Apply now