Job Position 1: Area Program Manager 1 – (AP Manager)
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call, responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the mentioned position.
Position: Area Program Manager – 1
Duty Station: Nader Woreda
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 working days of Probation)
Closing date: June 17, 2023
The Area Program Manager-I is responsible for preparing the budget plan as per the annual planning tool based on the approved PREP budget received from CRS. He/She is also responsible for preparing smart sheets based on the APT and implementing program activities in collaboration with government stakeholders. Additionally, the AP Manager will create a smooth environment for a sound relationship with concerned government stakeholders and FHE staff at the area program and regional office level.
Key Result #1 – Program Planning and Implementation
- Ensure JEOP budget, annual planning tool, and activities are prepared in a timely manner and submitted accordingly
- Prepare annual procurement plan
- Ensure adequate availability and proper utilization of human resources, materials, and commodities
- Implement area program activities in accordance with the agreement signed between FH/E and CRS
- Conduct situation analysis in the area’s program
- Handle financial resources of the project properly
- Plan the availability of warehouses for commodity storage before allocation is started
- Assess satellite FDPs and bring commodity distribution points closer to the people we serve
- Ensure all warehouse materials and equipment are in place
- Ensure warehouse management and food handling adhere to commodity management minimum standards and USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure all staff are on board before any commodity allocation and distribution commences
Key Result #2 – Program Coordination and Partnership
- Network the area program with relevant NGOs and the private sector at the woreda level
- Represent FHE well at woreda and Zonal level communication and maintain good relationships
Key Result #3 – Capacity building activities and leadership roles
- Identify capacity gaps of FHE and partner staff and fill the gaps as deemed necessary to enhance the capacity of local FHE staff and partners
- Ensure proper distribution of commodities to the people we serve based on donor rules and regulations (“Commodities not for sale and exchange”)
- Report any sale of commodities and incidents to immediate supervisors
Key Result #4 – Monitoring and Reporting
- Prepare all program and commodity-related reports and submit them to regional managers on time
- Work on a budget tracker and provide variance analysis as needed
- Complete performance evaluation forms for all employees and submit them to the regional office
- Provide overall guidance, manage, and coach staff under his/her supervision
- Monitor and evaluate program activities in collaboration with stakeholders, FH/E head office monitoring team, and other concerned bodies
- Host external evaluators like CRS, USAID, Africa region FHE global office, and provide all necessary information
- Immediately report any incidents within the area’s program on JEOP implementation program
- Follow up and report if any commodity sales are observed inside and outside the FDPs and take corrective action promptly.
Job Level Specifications
- Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Emotional maturity
- Political neutrality
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team, and program objectives
- Training and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Strong networking and representation skills
- Sound character
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Knowledge of the local language of the intervention area is preferred
Education and Experience
- BSc/BA Degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Extension, Disaster Risk Reduction, NRM, Climate change, or other related fields of study
- MSc in the above-listed disciplines is preferred
- 5 years of related experience in a relevant position, preferably in an INGO setting, is an advantage
The position has supervisory responsibility over the project program and support staff.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and the country’s local language(s).
How to Apply
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Competent candidates should submit their application and updated CVs ONLY to: email@example.com.
Job Position 2 : Commodity Tracking System – CTS Coordinator
FH Ethiopia, a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Commodity Tracking System – CTS Coordinator.
The CTS Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the overall food aid resources, from reception to distribution at the respective Food Distribution Points (FDPs). This role involves tracking commodity movements, generating reports, ensuring warehouse capacities, and coordinating local procurement and transportation of commodities.
Key Result #1 – Food Resource Planning
- Receive FDP level breakdown of allocated commodities and confirm against allocation.
- Communicate commodity breakdown and approved purchase order to dispatchers.
- Request commodity transportation operation through Odoo.
- Ensure adequate space is available before commodity dispatch.
Key Result #2 – Commodity Transportation and Food Handling
- Collect and communicate commodity distribution plan to commodity manager.
- Check implementation of standardized commodity storage and handling practices.
- Provide technical advice to prepare for incoming commodities.
- Track dispatched and received commodities using a database.
- Prepare weekly commodity dispatch and distribution reports.
- Monitor commodity transportation payments and take action in case of issues.
- Conduct field visits to inspect warehouses and report any gaps.
Key Result #3 – Local Food Commodity Purchase
- Coordinate and facilitate local commodity purchase.
- Analyze and follow-up on transportation and delivery of purchased food.
- Work closely with procurement department and surveyor company to ensure quality.
- Coordinate commodity transport to distribution sites.
- Ensure timely payment to commodity transporters.
Key Result #4 – Monitoring and Reporting
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports using standardized tools.
- Monitor FDPs and ensure proper warehouse management and food handling.
- Handle correspondences related to commodities.
- Maintain filing system of commodity transaction documents and reports.
- Prepare periodic commodity movement status reports.
- Use data-based information systems and maintain commodity records.
- Finalize all commodity-related reports, including losses and reimbursements.
- Ensure compliance with commodity management standards.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Economics or relevant field.
- Master’s degree in related disciplines preferred.
- 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in an INGO setting.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
- Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional maturity, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and email communication.
- High level of initiative.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position title “CTS Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: July 17, 2023
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!