The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a humanitarian NGO that provides relief, rehabilitation, and development support to vulnerable individuals and communities in over 30 countries. In Ethiopia, the IRC has been working since 2000, responding to severe drought and providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in various regions. The IRC is currently seeking a CWI Manager to support the implementation of GBV prevention and response programming, women’s asset building and community engagement, and social networking programming in refugee camps and emergency contexts across Ethiopia. The CWI Manager will report to the CWI Coordinator and will be responsible for ensuring the needs of target beneficiaries are met while promoting PSEA standards. This position involves 50% travel to the field.
- Work with the CWI Coordinator to understand program goals and contribute to ongoing assessments and analyses.
- Analyze GBV trends and suggest program strategies.
- Contribute to program design and proposal preparation.
Program Implementation and Capacity Development:
- Provide technical support and oversight to program activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development, implementation, and monitoring of the project work plan.
- Support the delivery of project activities and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Contribute to information-sharing and data management systems.
- Compile reports and ensure accurate data collection.
- Coordinate with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant meetings and clusters.
- Ensure maximum visibility of the IRC and donors.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Provide inputs to the monitoring and reporting system.
- Conduct field visits to supervise and monitor program activities.
- Produce reports on monitoring missions, program results, and outcomes.
- Support the development of reports and other relevant documentation.
Advocacy, Knowledge, and Communication:
- Provide inputs to knowledge management strategies and activities.
- Coordinate and support advocacy activities.
- Work with the IRC Communication teams to capture and share program results and best practices.
Human Resources Management:
- Assist in the selection, training, and support of program staff.
- Develop support strategies for staff and promote self-care.
- Develop work and spending plans in line with IRC’s financial policies.
- Monitor budget implementation and ensure compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and consider security implications of program activities.
- MA or BA with three/four years of professional work experience.
- Proven experience in GBV programming in emergency and development settings.
- Experience in developing SOPs, guidelines, and tools for GBV prevention and response.
- Experience in coordinating with government agencies, donors, and participating in relevant meetings.
- Good understanding of the humanitarian situation and international GBV/PSEA practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Strong written and oral English skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree in gender studies, development studies, law, health, human rights, or related fields.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is advantageous.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should submit their CV and application letter through the IRC career site: [External URL] [Internal URL]. The application letter/cover letter should include the position applied for, date of application, summary of qualifications and experience, and motivation/objective for applying. Please provide at least three references from current and former supervisors. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!