ACTED is a French humanitarian Charity that was created in 1993 to assist disadvantaged communities affected by humanitarian disasters around the world. ACTED continues to assist vulnerable communities by guaranteeing the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and participating in long-term problems confronting our target populations in order to break the cycle of poverty, stimulate development, and minimise vulnerability to catastrophes. Their initiatives aim to address the various facets of humanitarian and development crises using a multidisciplinary approach that is both global and local, as well as context-specific. ACTED is seeking a professional, self-motivated, experienced, and devoted team player to fill the role of IT Intern in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia.
Position: IT Intern
Educational level required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field.
Experience: Fresh graduate
The IT Intern works under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Officer and will be the first point of contact for day-to-day technical support to end users in the Addis Ababa office and in field offices within Ethiopia.
- Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Experience working in a windows server environment.
- Knowledge working with Microsoft Office suite esp. Outlook & Excel
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent time-management skills. Able to meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel to various locations in Kenya, Uganda and Somalia.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity, strong sense of responsibility and honesty.
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: May 10, 2023
How to Apply:
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 10TH April 2023 with the subject line “IT Intern-Addis Ababa, Ethiopia”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment’s.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zambil App: Where Online Jobs and Local Buying & Selling Meet in Ethiopia
Work from Home with Ease: Embrace the perfect work-life balance through Zambil’s user-friendly interface. No matter if you’re a skilled professional, a fresh graduate, or seeking part-time gigs, Zambil offers a plethora of job listings across various industries tailored to your expertise and interests.
Discover the Power of Zambil App:
- Browse Job Opportunities: Say goodbye to endless job hunting! Zambil curates a diverse range of job openings, regularly updated to ensure you never miss the perfect job match.
- Embrace Endless Possibilities: Download the Zambil App now and unlock a world of opportunities. Whether you’re after your dream job or profitable deals in Ethiopia, Zambil is your ultimate solution.
- Don’t wait any longer – seize the chance to transform your future with Zambil!